College of Fine Arts Scholarships for Theatre and Dance
The School of Theatre and Dance annually awards a number of scholarships to high-achieving prospective students seeking a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre. These competitive scholarships are based on academic performance and potential, as well as an applicant’s suitability for the unique rigors of a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.2 (or equivalent)
- ACT Composite score of 25 OR SAT Critical Reading + Math combined score of 1150
- Past experience in at least two aspects of the performance or production of live theatre/the performing arts, including (but not limited to) acting, choir, dance, band/orchestra, backstage technician, director, dramaturg, writer, stage manager, or any other position
In addition to meeting the above criteria, interested applicants must electronically submit the following:
- An analytical paper of at least three pages submitted for a high school English or history course
- A short essay (400-600 words) addressing the following prompt: How can you imagine using the opportunities of a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre degree program to shape your own unique path through four years of college at Millikin?
Finally: BA Scholarship applicants must participate in an interview with members of the Theatre and Dance faculty. These interviews typically take about 15 minutes and will be conducted via Skype.
- March 30, 2020
All application materials are due one week prior to the interview date and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline - March 23, 2020
All interviews will be conducted between the hours of 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm (central time) via SKYPE
Interviews may be scheduled by contacting Melissa Cobb at email@example.com. Please include your SKYPE user name when scheduling your interview.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Millikin University offers a number of additional scholarships each requiring unique qualifications. For a list of scholarships, their qualifications, and their application deadline dates, visit the Millikin Scholarships & Grants page.